Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Beggars' Purses with 3 Cheeses

Amy and I worked on this and the finished product had a wonderful taste plus we were able to make a bechamel. In terms of notes I would say that this recipe had a lot of separate steps and new techniques and I sometimes felt lost in all of it. The crepes were pretty straight forward. We did add some cognac to lift up the flavor. Be sure crepe pan is super hot and once the butter has cured on the pan after a few crepes, you do not have to butter it every crepe. When buttering get push the cloth into crevices of pan.



The bechamel and the filling were heat and time sensitive. This is also were I became a little lost in the steps. We also doubled the amount of cheeses because the amount of filling looked a little small. When we took it out of the oven it was drippy with cheese fat which Chef said is natural when heating these cheeses. The taste was delicious.

No comments: